Today I am reflecting on our homeschool this year and here are a few areas that if I thought to hard I would become very disappointed in myself, my kids, and homeschooling.
- The math book is still not near done! I get pretty upset about the fact that we’ve never finished a math curriculum and this year is no exception. We were pretty sick the kids and I from December to February sharing a germ that made schooling hard.
- The science curriculum notebooks are still mostly empty! When did I think I would have time to fit a science curriculum into our daily schooling? We did memorize 24 science facts that the kids will use in the Challenge program, and for that I am grateful.
- I could become pretty disappointed in the amount of screen time I have allowed my kids to partake in this year because I’m tired. Some days are just harder then others and the book work takes a back seat.
Yet even with those few disappointments, and I’m sure there are more, I want to change my focus. I want to remember to give thanks at all times in all circumstances, so what does that look like?
- Thank you Lord that I can homeschool my kids.
- Thank you Lord for a roof over our heads that we can be lazy under.
- Thank you Lord that all those years of teaching reading are beginning to pay off.
- Thank you Lord for options.
You begin to count your blessings, all of them and before you know it the blessing of peace and joy passes through you. I don’t have to stay in that disappointment for very long, and neither do you. I encourage you to get a journal and start 1. 2. 3. 4. and see if that doesn’t give you a new perspective.