Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own. Pin Share
I was recently given a box of old books and one of them happened to be a great Christmas resource a church had put out a few years back. I am so excited about what a treasure I found in this book that I wanted to share it with you.
Its tittle is “In The Nick of Time” ideas to make your holiday merry and bright.
In the honor of December 1st here is a list of ways to keep the holiday stress to a minimum.
- You can’t do it all, so don’t try. No one is keeping track of the overachievers, so volunteer doing what you love and say no to the rest.
- Shop on the weeknights, online, or get a baby sitter for some mall shopping on the weekends.
- Save your new diet for later. Enjoy the deliciousness of the season.
- Don’t pack your calendar. Leave a few dates completely free for whatever.
- Get plenty of sleep, and if you can’t get all 8 hours in one night don’t feel guilty having a nap.
- Only buy gifts for those you really care about. Gifts are not only bought but found by giving of yourself. Perhaps there is a friend you haven’t seen in a while, invite her over for tea and cookies.
- Try not to be driven by unfulfilled expectations and perfectionism. Not every house is supposed to be out of House Beautiful magazine. The holidays will be enjoyable because your family will be together.