Here is a post from the past but still fun and very applicable. 🙂
As many of you know I am a fireman’s wife. Being a fireman’s wife is a unique position, and although lonely at times, when he is home he is all mine. There is no work taking up the kitchen table and when something breaks he’s right there to fix it. He understands more then most what being a mom looks like because I’m not so sure life at the firehouse is much different then life at home. Here is a small list of how a mom and a fireman are similar.
- A mom and a fireman both respond to emergencies at all hours of the night.
- A mom and a fireman both cook for large picky crowds.
- A mom and a fireman both spend hours cleaning without someone stepping a foot inside the door.
- A mom and a fireman can both go code 3 to the school when a sick child is waiting.
- A mom and a fireman both have a keen sense of smell.
- A mom and a fireman can get tough stains out of clothes.
- A mom and a fireman probably eat faster then they should in the event the meal gets interrupted.
- A mom and a fireman both at times have to think for someone else who is struggling to figure out the task at hand.
- A mom and a fireman both know how to clean the bathroom.
- A mom and a fireman know that the tender touch can ease a child’s fears.
Although we have very different jobs my fireman and I can relate in many ways. However I know that he sees things in his job that I can’t even imagine, so I don’t want to discount that although similar we are different.
At the end of the day I think we are both Rescue Heroes.