I am fashionably late to this party!
This is my 4th year participating with the Ultimate Blog Party, and each year I read new blogs that often end up in my RSS feed on “Pulse.”
I started The Sierra Home Companion in the fall of 2008. I had just ran and broke my hip in the Nike Women’s 1/2 Marathon in San Francisco and with nothing but time on my hands I began this blog. Over the years I have tried new themes and looks for the blog but my content has always remained the same. I write about my life. I am a Firewife, which has its own unique challenges. I am a homeschooling mom and Director for our Classical Conversations program. I teach Sunday School, attend Bible studies, workout a lot, morphing our eating habits to all Real Food, and I have the amazing privilege of being a mom to a boy on the Autism Spectrum.
I would love to say I post every day, or every week, but the reality is some weeks go by without a post. I am regularly on Instagram, Pinterest, and frequent Facebook. I write when I have something to say, which I am finding out is very little. At the end of a school day I think my words are used up. 🙂
Here are some of my favorite posts.
Thank you for visiting!
Your readership means the world to me and I love you!
Welcome to The Sierra Home Companion!
I am so glad you have found me!
This is my 4th Ultimate Blog Party with 5 Minutes for Mom and this year I will be giving away a full sample of Vemma.
Blog parties are a great way to meet new friends and restart your blog, if you are like me and write whenever there is a full moon, but I am sure most of you are not.
A little bit about me.
- I am a 3rd year homeschooling mom of two very creative, active, imaginative, enthusiastic, and God love-um kids
- We are in our 2nd year of Classical Conversations where I am now the Director for our Campus.
- My Fireman and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage in Hawaii this year.
- As of April 1st I have an 8 year old, which sadly makes me 8 years older then when I had him, but I am so very glad.
- I am forever educating myself in the field of Nutrition and fitness.
- I love my dog Lucy, my parents 5 chickens that give us fresh eggs and visit my yard daily.
- With the help of my Fireman and parents I now have 3 4×4 foot boxes for planting this spring.
- I eat by the 80/20 rule. At home its grass fed beef, chicken, and milk, but outside the house I am thankful for the work others do to prepare a meal for me and my family.
- I teach Sunday school 2x’s a month at our church.
- God has blessed me with the most amazing friends anyone could ask for. We love the Lord, love our spouses and children, and continually seek to sharpen iron against iron.
- I don’t blog regularly but I REALLY want to work on that, and I am using this Blog Party as a renewing of this site.
I hope you all are feeling lucky to win the Vemma vitamin’s.
WHAT IS VEMMA?
Every Body Deserves Great Health
Good health is your number-one asset! Vemma makes protecting your health easy with its ultra-premium, liquid formula that provides the vitamins, minerals and nutrients for greater health and wellness.*
Combining traditional Eastern wellness philosophies with modern Western scientific principles, the Vemma formula was created with a unique blend of Vitamins, Essential Minerals, Mangosteen and Aloe to provide a powerful nutritional formula unlike any other.
- Protect and support a healthy heart*
- Enhance immune response and support immune system*
- Create abundant energy*
- Fight against free radicals*
- Promote good vision*
- Support a normal, healthy intestinal tract*
- Maintain healthy skin, eyes, teeth, gums and hair*
It takes about…
- 2 oranges to equal the amount of Vitamin C
- 9 avocados to equal the amount of Vitamin E
- 3 stalks of broccoli to equal the amount of Iron
- 55 eggs to equal the amount of Vitamin D
- 1 cup of spinach to equal the amount of Vitamin A
- 3 cups of peas to equal the amount of Thiamin
- 19 medium bananas to equal the amount of Riboflavin
- 62 oz of cheddar cheese to equal the amount of Vitamin B-12
- 5 large potatoes to equal the amount of Niacin
- 61 cups of tomatoes to equal the amount of Folate
- 2 large watermelons to equal the amount of Vitamin B-6
- 17 oz of cherries to equal the ORAC Value
- 37 medium mushrooms to equal the amount of Pantothenic Acid
…to provide the vitamins, minerals and antioxidant power of a 2-oz serving of Vemma.
This giveaway is risk free, and I hope after one month of Vemma your body will be asking for more.
We were on Spring Break this week although no one told this fact to Mother nature, because we are getting another round of snow. Fortunately all of our activities for the week were indoors, so the weather was just a side note. J was so excited to have a week off of school he didn’t mind one bit that we spent 3 days at doctors appointments and evaluations.
Our Classical Conversations Co-op is ending in 2 weeks and it will not continue in the fall. I am sure the end of this co-op has more to do with the cost of CC and our failing economy then anything else. We could drive 45 minutes away each week and be part of another larger community, but sense we are a Foundations family I think I will do CC at home and pray another option comes around in 3 more years.
April is a very busy birthday month for our families. We have 6 birthdays between our immediate family and our extended family in April which means birthday parties to attend, and cards to write.
We are joining our community tomorrow for an Autism awareness walk to support the Mind Matters clinic that we are now a part of. I still have a lot of mixed feelings about life right now, but I know we are blessed to have this clinic so close to home.
In my personal life I have been feeling like the world is on my shoulders and I am not doing a good job in any area of life. I am anxious about J’s diagnosis and what if I’ve been over reacting and come to find out I am just a horrible parent? However what if he has an ASD and I really do have to learn a new set of parenting rules? Then I have to find a way to share all of this with Fireman and pray he’ll be open to receive a new set of rules. I am tired to much and sleeping in to late. My house is cluttered and I am unmotivated to do anything about it. We need my businesses to start bringing in income to help pay for J’s new appointments and treatments but I don’t know where the time to do that will come from. This is a season and I pray God will use it to refine this heart of mine and make me more like Him.
My blog is participating in The Ultimate Blog Party and I am giving away a Wildtree meal bundle if you are interested in winning then head over to my party page.
Good Monday morning!
This will be a bit random, but that’s how I am feeling today.
We start Spring break around here and no one is more excited then me.
Easter was a wonderful day spent at my parents house with my sister and her three kids. We had an egg hunt and sat outside in the warm sun.
The rain and snow is coming back this week. I can handle and appreciate rain, but please oh please no snow.
This week disappeared right under my nose. On Sunday I had set aside some time to get our homeschool week mapped out, and I figured out how to entertain the preschooler, but to my sadness I was to sick to do any of it.
I have suffered with endometriosis pre-children, and post surgery Fireman and I were successful with having 2 kids and never had another sign of endo. Well this weekend it came back full force and knocked me on my back. Monday I called my mom and she came over to “nurse” me, take care of the kids, and clean my house. I am not sure how I would’ve made it that day without her help.
In our homeschool this week…
We did not do all that I had intended but we did manage to paint, read, watch Liberty’s Kids, and practice our life skills. Sometimes I can forget how easy homeschooling can be when I get out of the way.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I am very excited for the “My Well Planned Day” to launch their planning software. I use their yearly planners for homeschool and to keep my personal schedule tracked.
I am inspired by…
When you Rise wrote a post that spoke to everything I have felt before but never put into words. If you need inspiration go read her blog post. “It’s been a rough day.”
“Let us not become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a
harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
I am not sure we have plans to go or see anyone this weekend. 🙁
My favorite thing this week was…
My mom cleaning my house. She cleaned the kids rooms, my room, the kitchen and did it all without me asking. It was so night to be able to walk down the hall and not see a mess in every room I passed. It was truly a blessing.
What’s working/not working for us…
I am so excited about selling Wildtree online and helping people across the country get quality ingredients without all the fillers, dyes and preservatives. If you want to look into doing a tasting I can easily Skype with you and your friends. It’s like having a tasting right in your home but I don’t have to be there.
Questions/thoughts I have…
What is the spice blend that you use the most of? Taco seasoning? Bullion Cubes? Italian?
Things I’m working on…
How to detoxify my body and turn down the inflammation. Sounds fun right?
I just ordered: “8 Weeks to Women’s Wellness: The Detoxification Plan for Breast Cancer, Endometriosis, Infertility and Other Women’s Health Conditions”
So I’ll let you know how it works out.
Corn beef and cabbage with Irish Soda bread and Guinness to drink. Aside from Thanksgiving this is Fireman’s favorite food holiday, so we go all out.
I’m grateful for…
My Jesus who gives me the grace to abide in Him so that I may bear good fruit for my children to eat. (John 15:5)
I’m praying for…
Is it selfish to say myself? I want to be healthy and free of this pain.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…