Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own. Pin Share
This recipe was given to me by my dear friend Amy in the best attempt to keep our kids awake during class. I love them and I’m sure you will too. Apparently they look like droppings when your done which may hinder a picky eater from enjoying these treats, but for the rest of us there is chocolate there and that makes everything ok.
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups nut butter (walnuts, almonds, macadamias, sunflower)
- 2 cups minced prunes
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup honey or coconut nectar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl
2. Using a cookie scoop (or roll small amounts in your hands), drop rounded tablespoon-sized portions onto a parchment or wax paper lined cooking sheet. I used my cookie scoop and then rolled the scooped portion out between my hands.
3. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. At this point you can serve them or combine the chilled granola bites in a large Tupperware container or Ziploc bags to freeze or refrigerate. They will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week or a few months in the freezer.